I have been thinking of school lately and well that made me think of this burger we had in school. There was not much about school food that I liked except for the German Burgers, and Pizza. I did like somethings on the breakfast menu like the breakfast pizza and the hot honey buns. Well anyways back to German burgers I don't know if anyone else had this in school but basically it was hamburger meat, onion and what ever seasoning they used wrapped in a bun type thing with a hole in the top. So I have been looking for the recipe for this burger and find the recipe for the burger but not for the bread thing. So what I think I will do is buy the stuff to make the burger and and then buy some crescent type roll wrap it in it and bake in oven. They also always gave us this cheese sauce stuff to pour on it. So I will have to find some cheese stuff like cheese whiz or something.
Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, minced
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons flour
butter (for frying, use about 1/4 stick at a time)
1 large onion, thinly sliced into rings
Directions
1Combine all ingredients except butter and onion rings. Shape into patties. Melt butter in skillet over medium to med-high heat. Fry in melted butter until desired doneness, about 10-12 min per burger.
2Remove and keep warm. Fry onion rings in pan drippings until golden. Place burger on bun, with whatever condiments you like. Put fried onion on top of burger, enjoy!
I think I will make this sometime next week so I hope it turns out well. The only thing I will change about the recipe is that I will not be making the patties I will just fry everything in a pan then I will wrap the bread around it and cook in the oven. Well we will see :)
No comments:
Post a Comment